Date: January 22, 2019 Time: 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm Cost: No fee, no rsvp, just join us if you can! Location: NRH Library 9015 Grand Ave North Richland Hills, TX 76180 Speaker: Ross Kecseg, President of Empowered Texans
Think you know everything you need to know about Property Taxes? You’re probably WRONG! It’s a very complex and confusing issue. There is always something new to learn, and we need to arm ourselves for the coming Legislative Session where property taxes will be a prime topic.
Join NETTP for our Tea Party Tuesday lunch & learn, as Ross Kecseg, President of Empower Texans, helps us navigate the various aspects of property taxes.
Do you know……?
- how government spending drives property tax bills?
- how the property tax system works? (appraisals/rates/tax bills)
- what’s the difference between city/county property taxes and school district taxes?
- what can be done about school funding and Robin Hood?
- that local governments use your tax dollars to lobby the legislature against you to keep your taxes high?
- what can WE do about all of it?
We’ll cover it all! So bring your brown bag lunch, or grab a burger, and spend your lunch hour with us, expanding your understanding of this important issue to all Texans.