Why on earth is George P. Bush our Texas Land Commissioner helping to re-elect Jason Villalba?
Jason Villalba was singled out by the leading conservative watchdog group as one of the Worst Legislators of 2017. They dubbed him the “Rodeo Clown” of the Texas House. “Few Republicans in the Texas Legislature are as liberal or hostile to conservative reforms as State Rep. Jason Villalba of Dallas.”
Some other Villalba highlights:
- Villalba claimed Donald Trump is the death of the Republican Party
- He filed a bill that would have criminalized bloggers and citizens from filming cops.
- He filed a bill to protect religious liberty in an attempt to establish conservative bona fides. However, when a coalition of gay rights activists, liberal advocacy groups and big business announced their opposition to his measure, Villalba caved and dropped the bill right before the filing deadline.
- He regularly fights against conservative measures like SB2 Property Tax Reform. When city and county officials and paid lobbyists banded together to defeat it, Villalba celebrated with another one of his epic twitter rants by mocking the Texas Freedom Caucus.
- Villalba is obnoxious and a jerk. He has literally begged for a challenger and claims he will destroy them. Luckily, he has a serious, conservative primary challenger in Lisa Luby Ryan.
George P. Bush has some very high political ambitions and is being groomed to eventually run for Texas Governor. If he will campaign for a petty, narcissistic, RINO clown like Jason Villalba, what would Texas look like under the leadership of Governor George P. Bush?